- Last Updated on Monday, 27 October 2014 09:49
All visitors to Kiribati must possess a valid passport and onward ticket and must have proof of sufficient funds to support themselves while staying in the country.
By Visa Exemption Order 2007
- 1/ Nationals and citizens of the following countries are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati where the intended duration of their stay is 30 days or less: Belize, Federated States of Micronesia, Macao (only in respect of holders of Macao Special Administrative Region Passports), Marshall Islands, Palau, Republic of China (Taiwan), Republic of Korea
- 2/ Nationals and citizens of the following countries specified are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Grenada, Greece, Hong Kong (only in respect of holders of British Nationals Overseas passports and Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passports), Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niue, Poland, Portugal, Romania, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Bahamas, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Overseas Territories of (Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Montserrat and Turks and Caicos Islands), United States of America, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- 3/ Holders of laissez-passer issued by the United Nations are exempted from obtaining a visa before entering Kiribati when travelling on business of the United Nations.
Visitors may apply for a visitor’s permit upon arrival entitling them to stay in Kiribati by proving they hold the following:
- Visa (if required)
- Tickets for return or onward travel or sufficient funds to purchase them, and
- Sufficient funds for maintenance during stay